Saturday, November 1, 2014

You Know What I Really Miss?


You know what I really miss? Being able to have a conversation with kids. Kids say the craziest things and talk about the most random of subjects and I really miss being able to understand them and being able to carry on a conversation with them. This is probably the only part of my job that I don't like. I have extreme difficulties with communicating with everyone, even with the teachers that speak English. But not being able to converse with my students is especially frustrating and disheartening. I feel like I can't be as helpful in their life because I don't speak their language. I'm not able to connect with them in a personal way because of this wall. I'm trying very hard to break down this barrier by learning their language. And I am learning, very slowly. I hope that I will soon be able to have a conversation with kids again. I miss them.






Visit T.J.'s profile on Pinterest.



SHARE this page with friends!













No comments:

Post a Comment