Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School In The World

School children Climbing On Unsecured Wooden Ladders, Zhang Jiawan Village, Southern China

Pupils Crossing A Damaged Suspension Bridge, Lebak, Indonesia

Kids Flying 800m On A Steel Cable 400m Above The Rio Negro River, Colombia

     After seeing this, I thought about how my students here in Japan are just like these kids. Their situation is not as severe as rafting down a river, but some of their journeys to school are still very dangerous. Last week was very cold and I saw one of my Junior High students walking home from school. His house is about an hour walk from school. He usually has a bike but for some reason that day he had to walk. When I saw him I was about to turn around and pick him up, but then I thought that that might be against the code of conduct in my job.  But now looking back on it, maybe I should have picked him up and called my company to let them know what was going on.  When it comes to the safety of a child, it's terrible for me to think of my job before their physical health. I don't know. What do you think?

See the full article here: 25 Of The Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School In The World 




Visit T.J.'s profile on Pinterest.



SHARE this page with friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment